Proudly representing Hayabusa™ wearing the new Blue Goorudo Gold Weave Jiu Jitsu Gi at the recent 2014 World Jiu Jitsu Championships, Marcus ‘Buchecha’ Almeida cemented himself in the history books by becoming the first ever competitor to win back to back World Titles three times in a row.
Putting himself in esteemed company alongside Roger Gracie, Almeida is the only other athlete to have three World Titles to his name and at only 24 years there’s every chance that we may see more records under his name in years to come.
After their last momentous meeting in 2012 at the IBJJF Worlds, Almeida faced and defeated Rodolfo Vieira last weekend with a points victory to secure is World Title hat trick record.
Almeida has an impressive list of accolades to his name already and here at Hayabusa™ Europe we are proud of the fact that arguably his greatest career highlight so far was achieved wearing the new Blue Hayabusa™ Goorudo Gold Weave Jiu Jitsu Gi.
Check out Marcus Almeida’s impressive list of career achievements below:
• ADCC Champion (2013)
• World Champion (2014, 2013, 2012 weight & absolute)
• World Nogi Champion (2011, 2010 weight & absolute)
• Pan American Champion (2012 weight and absolute)
• World Pro Cup Champion – WJJPC (2012, 2013 absolute, 2014 weight & absolute)
• SP Cup Champion (2010 WLPJJ)
• Miami Open Champion (2010 weight & absolute)
• World Silver Medallist (2011)
Teaming up with ‘Buchecha’ proves once again that Hayabusa™ is the choice of champions and from us all at Hayabusa™ Europe we would like to wish him continued success in the future with his already stellar BJJ career.